- What is HanStone® Quartz?
- HanStone® Quartz is a stone surface made from pure, natural quartz. HanStone Quartz offers the natural beauty of quartz with up to six times the strength and durability of granite. Approximately 93 percent of HanStone® Quartz is mined quartz crystals, one of nature's hardest materials.
The quartz is combined with high-quality polyester resins and pigment to produce a natural stone without the high-maintenance.
- What is natural quartz?
- Quartz is one of the hardest components of natural granite. Quartz rates seven out of 10 on Mohs Scale of Hardness. The only materials harder are diamonds, sapphires and topaz. The quartz crystals are used to create a beautiful and strong surface that is highly scratch and impact resistant.
- What are the advantages of HanStone® Quartz?
- A high-performing surface, HanStone® Quartz is nonporous preventing unwelcome germs, bacteria and mildew. It does not require sealing, conditioning and polishing. HanStone® Quartz is also scratch and stain resistant unlike alternative surface options such as granite, tile and marble.
- What HanStone® Quartz products are available?
- HanStone® Quartz comes in stone slabs that vary in thickness, width and length. Each sheet is fabricated into a variety of design applications.
- How many color surfaces does HanStone Quartz have available?
- HanStone Quartz offers design flexibility to make any vision a reality. Available in more than 40 colors and patterns in globally, the colors of HanStone® Quartz are inspired by the hues and textures in natural stone, delivering one of the strongest and most durable surface materials on the market, without sacrificing style.
- Where can HanStone Quartz be applied?
- Residential uses such as kitchen bench tops, islands, peninsulas; bathroom vanity bench tops, shower walls and bath surrounds; table tops, fireplace surrounds, table tops, window sills, wall covering and thresholds.
Commercial uses such as healthcare facilities, restaurants, offices; including conference tables, reception and desktops, countertops and credenzas, lobby/interior walls, food preparation areas, laboratories, and inlays.
- How do I care for HanStone Quartz?
- Simply clean up any spills with soap and water. For routine cleaning, use a small amount of cleaner that is non-bleach and nonabrasive along with warm water and a damp cloth. Repeat as needed to keep the lustrous gloss and radiant sheen.
Although HanStone® Quartz is resistant to stains, any type of spill should be cleaned as soon as possible. Any liquid spills, fruits, vegetables, or other foods should be wiped up and cleaned with soap and water.
Please refer to the HanStone® Quartz Care & Maintenance Guide.
- Is HanStone® Quartz hygienic?
- HanStone® Quartz is intrinsically a nonporous material preventing unwelcome germs, bacteria and mildew. It does not require sealing, conditioning and polishing.
- Is HanStone Quartz scratch resistant?
- Because HanStone Quartz contains approximately 93% quartz, the hardest components of natural granite, the surface is highly scratch and impact resistant. However, as with any surface, sudden impact, excessive force/pressure, or misuse can damage the stone surface.
- How is HanStone® Quartz installed?
- HanStone® Quartz is installed by trained and certified fabricators/installers. Using a certified fabricator/installer ensures that HanStone® Quartz is installed properly and under full warranty.
- Do I need to finish or seal HanStone Quartz?
- No. Unlike natural stone products, HanStone Quartz is a non-porous surface you will NEVER have to apply a sealer to our surface.
- Can you cut directly on the surface of HanStone® Quartz?
- It is a matter of choice. While HanStone® Quartz is made of more than 93% natural quartz crystals that are up to six times harder than granite,
it is always recommended to use a cutting board to prevent any dulling of the surface that can occur over a long term of surface cutting.
- When preparing meals, can raw foods such as vegetables, acidic fruits and meats be placed directly on the surface?
- Yes. HanStone Quartz is a non-porous surface. This means germs and bacteria cannot accumulate with regular cleaning. HanStone® Quartz is an approved surface for commercial food preparation areas in restaurants.
- Can hot plates and pans be placed directly on HanStone® Quartz?
- While HanStone® Quartz can withstand heat, it is still advised to use hot pads or trivets when using cooking units such as electric frying pans, crock-pots, roaster ovens or in place of hot pans directly onto the surface to avoid potentially damaging temperatures. Prolonged exposure to heat will damage HanStone®,
and such damage is not covered by warranty.
- How can I find out more and/or request product literature?
- Contact your local distributor for samples, literature, for locating a dealer or fabricator/installer in your area.
In addition, authorized HanStone® Quartz fabricator/installer or kitchen & bath dealer may display a HanStone® Quartz kitchen or vanity and also be able to provide samples and literature.
- Is HanStone® Quartz color consistent?
- HanStone® Quartz is made from pure, natural quartz. Variation in quartz, color, shape, shade, pattern and size are unique traits of HanStone® Quartz. Although some HanStone® Quartz colors may be more consistent than granite, color variance is an inherent trait expected of HanStone®.
In addition, small blotches or random distribution of particulates are an inherent part of overall design and composition and are not considered to be defects or product non-conformity.
The Commercial Lifetime Limited Warranty and Residential Lifetime Limited Warranty does not cover color variance, and HanStone Quartz application will not be replaced for these unique, inherent traits of HanStone® Quartz.
- If I remodel my kitchen countertop with HanStone® Quartz, will it be seamless?
- HanStone® Quartz is not a seamless product; seams are generally visible. Inspection for color coordination across seams and multiple pieces is strongly recommended.
- Will the small piece of sample I have match my countertop once it's finished and installed?
- HanStone® Quartz is composed of pure, natural quartz; as a result, variance in color, shade and pattern is an inherent trait expected of this product.
Samples of HanStone® Quartz are often shown in 50mm x 100mm size or at times in 100mm x 100mm.
These samples are cut from large HanStone® Quartz slabs and only represent a limited portion of the actual stone. Please refer to samples only as a general indication of a particular color’s design pattern, aesthetics, and hue.
Samples are not guaranteed to be an exact replica of HanStone® Quartz slabs and may vary from the actual, installed HanStone® Quartz surface.